Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Lanna Jessie

At exactly 1 'o clock in the morning… I woke up feeling a little wet with minor back pains. Thinking that it was normal, I went to the rest room to do my thing. I went to bed thinking how am I going to go back to sleep? Still feeling the back pains… I looked at the clock and noticed that the back pains where in and out with 2 minutes intervals. I remembered what my OB said, 2-3 minutes interval could mean contractions. I was not aware of that since I don't know what contractions feels like. After 1 hour of staring at the clock and counting intervals, I felt water came out from me again. I instantly got nervous and woke up hubby. I remembered saying there's water and then I stood up for him to see. He quickly got up and took the cars when he saw the water on the floor. I called my mom because I don't want to leave just for false alarm. But she said that we should go ahead to hospital, no need to wait. While on the road, I felt the back pains are getting heavier and I want to shout all the pain… I can't believe we did a pit stop at the shell gasoline in muñoz. Hubby was all panic asking the gasoline boy to load us up first because it was an emergency. After that, we hurried to the hospital, The Medical City in Ortigas. Upon reaching the emergency area, I remembered I had no undies on. Good thing I grabbed a clean one before leaving home. I hurried and put them on before going out of the car. I was immediately offered a wheel chair and they asked for my OB's name. I was rolled up to the 5th floor where the labor room is. When I got to the pre-labor room, the pain was unbearable. They made me change and wore the hospital gown and asked me to remove my undies…I thought, I just put them on earlier. Anyway, they did some test, check vitals/signs and asked simple questions in which I can't answer… my mind was completely focused on the pain. I heard my hubby was being called in by the nurse and asked him to process the paper so they can proceed. When my hubby came back, they talked a little bit and my hubby was asked to wait outside. The nurse attached a hospital band on my wrist and I was asked to sit on the wheel chair again. I was now brought to the labor room. There I was lying on the bed feeling the contractions getting heavier and more painful. They did an IE and told me that it's only 2-3cm. What the?! The pain was too much but they're telling me that its only 2-3 cm? They told that they're going to inject anesthesia since the pain was unbearable for me. I agreed. The next thing I knew, I was asked to curl up like a shrimp so the doctor can inject a big needle on my back. Good thing, I was well educated by my sister several days earlier that's why I knew what to do during that time. I felt heaven at last when I felt cold medicine ran up my spine… yes the pain subsided. At last my OB arrived. You can't believe how glad I am to see that familiar face on the edge of my bed. I watched her asked questions to the nurse on duty and ran some tests again. They waited again. After an hour, they did an IE again and confirm that it was 6-7cm. I was hurried me to the ER. The ER was so cool. Just like on the movies and TV series. Male nurses helped me to get to the other bed. I was shy by the thought I had no undies on. They teach me how to push and relax which we all did simultaneously… but still no baby. Then I saw another male doctor came in the ER and talked to my Tita (which is also my OB). While we were counting and I was pushing all my might, the male doctor helped me by pushing my tummy towards my feet. We did that several times. So imagine me counting, holding my breathe, pushing while the doctor's arm was on top of my tummy helping me. After an hour in the ER, the baby came out… it was 7:48AM. I saw how they washed and checked the baby. I stared and even tried to count my baby's fingers just to check if they're all complete. I can't but smile when I heard my baby's cry. At last, they let me look at my baby for the first time. So cute. She's so pink… with rosy cheeks. They brought her to nursery for further assistance while I stayed there and waited out. I fell asleep. My tita woke me up and told me that I will be brought to the recovery room where I can sleep. I think I slept for 2 hours at most. The nurse asked me if I could move my legs. Barely. They said, they will allow me to go to my room if I was able to move my legs. But I fell asleep again. So tired and hungry. After an hour, I was able to move them. In the room, I saw familiar faces… my hubby, father-in-law, my mom and my sisters... we immediately talked of what happened to me that morning. You believe how much food I ate that morning. And later that afternoon I get to see my Baby… which we named Lanna Jessie Ortiz Delos Santos. All these happened at exactly one year ago...

Happy 1st Birthday Lanna Jessie!


Labels: ,

Posted by Lizzz @ 9:01 AM

Read or Post a Comment

happy birthday, lanna!!!

di ko naexperience yang back pains at my water bag broke thing na yan. katuwa talaga birthing story mo.

Posted by Blogger ann @ 10:12 AM #
 

Thanks!

Oo nga eh.. sobrang mabilis ang mga pang yayari nun. Bilib nga ako sayo kase balita ko 2 days ka atang nag labor? tama ba? naku hindi ko kaya yon... :)

Posted by Blogger Lizzz @ 6:06 PM #
 

anak ng! ka kyut naman

Posted by Blogger Lena @ 10:43 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +