Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Going wire-less with D-Link DIR-300

Yes, I am now enjoying wireless connection at home. I bought this D-link DIR-300 wireless router last Saturday because staying at one place here is so not convenient for me. When the little angel asks me to go the bed room to watch dvd, I have no choice but to leave my work in the living room. I remembered Malen guessed that I would be getting the Linksys router hehehe because we worked together in the same company supporting Linksys devices. After working there for 3 years in that company, I understood the capability of the device which pushed me to NOT purchase one. Sorry. Hehehe.

I think this is latest model from D-link because the one I installed in my parent's house is the same model but it's a different color. That one was Silver square with black and light blue linings. The installation process is pretty much the same. Open the box, insert the CD and run the set-up wizard--which I did... for a change.

~ D-Link DIR-300 Wireless router. ~

I liked the color of the packaging because it's the same color as my blog hahaha. Now I opened the box and checked the contents. 1. wireless router; 2. Antenna; 3. Power adapter; 4. set-up CD; 5. Cross-over cable; and 6, Manual.

~ Checking the unit... ~

I usually configure the router manually because it's much easier especially if you know what type connection you are using but this time, I run the set-up wizard... just for kicks.

~ Run me first! Set-up CD. ~

I followed the instructions stated on the wizard. The set-up CD was helpful--yes but for some.. it's not. Example, I get the window were the wizard was checking my Internet connection, then it suddenly told me that I am not connected to the Internet when I was chatting with someone online at that time. And then I get to the part of connecting all the cables and stuff, and last part was the wizard was checking again my connection, which of course it failed. So it's a dead end.

~ Running the quick router set-up wizard. ~

So I configured the router manually instead. Accessed the web-based utility, checked WAN status and release/renewed the wan IP and then I'm online. I never did use the cross-over cable because it was already connected wireless-ly to the router. I'm sure my friends can relate to this hahaha.

~ Now it's working. ~

The hubby thought I was having a hard time installing it, when I showed him that I'm online with no cables already. He laughed. Then we brought the lappy to bedroom and walla! Still getting strong signal and fast connection.

~ I'm in the bedroom hooray! ~

I did not have any problems with the previous wireless router at my parent's house (same brand). I only configured it once and never had problems with it. To think that it's already more than a year. I also got good comments on this brand from friends who owns computer shops. And now I'm expecting this perform well too.

So to my friendly friends online... Kathcot and Malen--Bili na!

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 8:18 AM

Read or Post a Comment

presssssureeeee!!!! lapatop munaaaaaa


hahahahahhahaa

Posted by Blogger Lena @ 7:19 PM #
 

mare! got one na din yesterday! :) woohoo! see my post here...
http://whenmomspeaks.com/2008/07/wireless-baby/
http://www.buhaymisis.com/2008/07/wireless-rocks.html

and yeah, got you tag too!
http://www.kathycot.com/2008/07/baby-bump-tag.html

Posted by Blogger ♥ mommy author ♥ @ 7:16 PM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +