Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Despedida + Airport + Papang @ 92

Last February 4, 2007, we had dinner prepared for our sister's depedida. Spag and of course.. pizza. We all went downstairs, shut off the lights, lite up the candles and played the song, "Leaving on a jet plane". We called sar to come down but she won't... pano narinig nya kase yung song... She finally went down, kase sinabi namin, nagugutom nakami! Lame excuse huh?! She was surprised to see the preparation we did in just short notice. Complete with trap pa hehe! Hindi ko na papakita yung trap kase wrong spelling yung "bon voyage" hehehe... pero hindi naman halata pag tinagnan mo hehehe.. anyway, we ate dinner and gave her our simple gift...


May pasok nga ako nyan kaya nag madali nalang ako mag bihis... pero bago ako umalis, nag picture taking pa kami.


February 7, 2007 - Webnesday --->> We all went to the airport para ihatid si sar. But before that, we went to Yellow Cab to have lunch (sempre pizza na naman db). Parang ang ganda ng hair ko dito sa picture na to db!


I hate goodbyes talaga... parang naiiyak ako na hindi... masaya ako na malungkot... basta mixed emotions. Parang ang bilis ng phasing sa airport nho? Pag nasa arrival ka, dapat pag sundo mo sa balik-bayan alis na agad... at pag nasa departure naman, pag hatid mo, dapat alis na agad. Kaya naman ang bilis lang ng goodbyes namin.... Kaya nung nandun nakami, wala naman akong magawa kundi tumingin-tingin lang habang karga si Lanna... I waited my turn to hug my sister, then we said goodbye na.


See you soon!

See more pictures *here*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After this, we all went to MOA and waited out. Hinintay kase namin yung text at call ni sar, confirming that she's inside the boarding area. Okay naman... Around 4:30pm, hubby and I went to Equitable-PCI para sunduin ang Papang sa work. The rest of them went to Las Piñas kase bday ni wabs. So ang plano is susunduin namin ang Papang then i hahatid sa bahay. Tapos ihahatid ako ni hubby sa work tapos susunduin nya sila papa/mama sa las piñas...

Dumating kami sa office around 5:30pm. I was surprised to see that Papang is already ready to go home. Usually kase mga around 6 or 7pm pa yon mag aaya kase marami daw trabaho. Upon seeing Papang, napansin ko na he's already weak and tired. I decided to call sar sa celfone para makausap nya ang Papang... 6pm pa naman ang boarding so we have 30 minutes pa. I smiled when Papang took the fone and talked to sar. He was happy. But after the phone call, I can see again the he was tired. We went straight to the elevator and the guard assisted us to the van. Dumating kami sa bahay around 6:30pm. Hubby assisted Papang to his seat in the living room, ang Papang gave his approval that he is okay. So we went inside our house... I fixed a few things, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I saw the time was 6:45pm... I asked hubby if we can go, so I can catch a 2-hour sleep in the office.

On the way, papasie called and asked kung pede daw ako mag absent... I asked why? He said, I have to go back and check Papang's condition. Unfortunately, na-traffic pa kami pauwi. I took us 45 minutes! I was silent inside the van. Pagdating sa bahay, dinala na daw ang Papang sa hospital. I'm feeling a little frustrated, disappointed and confused... iniisip ko tuloy, sana hindi nalang muna kami umalis etc. Pagdating ko sa emergency entrance, I saw my cousin crying... We're too late. Papang was gone. We hurried inside, and saw my uncle beside the bed. From a far, there lay what looks like a body covered in green cloth. My cousin exposed whats inside and said, while crying, "wala na si Papang"... I quickly took a step back, grasp for air, held my face and burst into tears. I was not prepared to see what I saw that moment... My dearest papang is gone. We already knew that anytime this would happen becuase we can all see that he is already weak. After a few minutes, i re-gain my composure and called my papa on the fone. I confirmed what happen, but it was very hard for me speak especially with a heavy chest. Papa said, pauwi na sila at nasa edsa na. Looking again, I became still and speechless. Hubby held my hand and convinced me to go near the bed and say goodbye... I can't. I asked him to give me moment to be alone.

On that very moment, I can only think of good memories of him. He was a good man.... a great man. He was very good on what he does. He never fails to teach and give us everything we need. Not to mention the shopping galore in COD. Life is short. But he already lived his life to the fullest. He never had doubts in lending a helping hand without expecting anything in return. Even in his last breath, he choose to go to the office and work.

Papa and the rest, came around 9pm. I heard more crying from my sisters. My ate even held his hand, touched his chest and face... hindi ko kaya yon! They immediately made arrangements with the funeral service. I called the office, advising that I cannot make it because of what happen. After taking Papang, we all went home and talked of what happened. My tita said, pag alis daw namin that evening... they assisted Papang to his chair inside his room. After he was seated, he became heavy. Ganon lang.... He just waited until he was home... in his room... in his favorite chair. His passing was very peaceful, just like Mamang.

We prayed the rosary and went to bed around 1am. My sister in abroad, still doesnt know the news. We all decided not to tell her. The news might upset her that she might not do good in her interview. Pretending to be happy while talking to her was hard. I was very happy for her but feeling very sad inside.

I woke up the next day, feeling a little headache becuase of lack of sleep... I felt my eyes were big because of crying the night before. The funeral service arrived at 10am. They arranged carpet, curtains and lights... I waited patiently. I want to see papang. I decided to walk outside... there I saw an L300 ambulance with a casket inside. They placed the casket in the middle of the living room. When they opened the coffin, we all hurried to look. Again, I burst into tears. He looked as if peacefully sleeping with his amerikana. I took a seat at the corner of the room looking at the casket, crying again. It feels good after I cried everything out.

We were visited by a lot of relatives, friends, collegues and people whom he helped during his days. I am very lucky and proud to have him as a grandfather. He was the salutatorian in his class when he gradurated Accounting in Jose Rizal and ranked 3rd placer in the CPA board exams. He was friends with the late Go Kim Pah and was one of the co-founder of Equitable Bank. He served the Go family for 56 long years. I can't imagine myself working that long...

We love you Papang...

PEDRO ANGELES ORTIZ
February 7, 2007 - 92 years old
Formerly member: Board of Directors, Equitable Bank Corp.


Interment will be on February 11, 2007 - 3pm at Himlayang Pilipino.

Labels: ,

Posted by Lizzz @ 11:36 PM

Read or Post a Comment

yesterday, i was caught in between going to work or not because of my dizziness. then i remembered your papang... grabe, naligo agad ako at sabay pasok! nakakainspire talaga ung "zero absent" record ni papang for 50 years nga ba?!

Posted by Blogger me @ 7:41 PM #
 

honga! honga!

unbelievable.

Posted by Blogger Lena @ 7:48 PM #
 

Condolence Lizz.... ganyan talaga ang life.... kaya talagang dapat we live our life to the fullest lagi...

babatiin ko pa naman sana yung weight loss mo.... mukhang ang laki na ng pinayat mo kasi... nalungkot ako sa rest ng story mo...

ingats lagi...

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:10 PM #
 

hi liz! my condolences to you and your family. nakakalungkot naman yung kwento mo about your papang's death.

Posted by Blogger ann @ 5:18 PM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +