Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Monthly Household Expenses

Snag this from Yen.

How many sq meters is your place, and how many people live there?
I'm really not good in numbers so I cannot at least estimate the size of the place. Although I can describe it. It's a bungalow house with 4 rooms, 2 rest rooms, living room and dirty kitchen at the back, 2 lots parking lots and a spacious back yard. There lived 5 adults and 1 toddler.

How much is your electricity bill monthly? Water?
Electricity - We don't usually turn on the A/C because it's cold especially at night. Our monthly electricity costs around 3,400 because of the FIL's A/C and the my lappy is always on.

Water-Free. Because we use deep-well.

Other utilities?
House Rent- We owned the house.
LPG - 620, I think. This will last 2 months because the old fashioned uling. Not only we can save LPG, food tastes yummy when cooked using this method.
Health Supplements - We only buy vitamins so it's around 1k a month.
Rice - Free. We receive 3 sacks of rice every 3 months. FIL works for the government.
Yaya- 2 yaya, 2k each.
Fuel/Gas-I don't use a car. It's the FIL (car) and hubby (motorcycle) so I can't tell. I commute everyday so that's less than 200 a day.
Phone Bill-We have no land line phone at home.
Internet- Php 999 a month.
Sky Cable-We have no cable TV.
Mobile Phone bills-Using Sun line, I consume around 500 a month. But I overpaid last month so I paid only 53 pesos this month. Nice.

Groceries? Market?
Groceries-I spend around 2,000 on groceries. The FIL also buys some stuff.
Milk-I visited 3 mercury drug store and found no Promil for 2 yrs old so I switched to Progress which is slightly expensive than Promil. Promil=it's 900 a month. Progress=1,200 a month.
Gerber-No Gerber. Cereal and fresh milk=yes! But it's already included in the grocery.
Pampers-I haven't bought diapers in two months. And I still have 3 packs of Huggies at home. The little angel is completely diaper free.
Snacks- Almost half of the groceries are snacks alone. But sometimes we eat out, like Jollibee and KFC which costs us around 1,500 a month.
Market-the FIL is in charge in going to the Market. He likes to cook.

Our monthly expenses is not that big because we don't have what others have, like cable TV, water bills and land line bills. We rely on antenna signal for the TV channel and we have our cell phones for incoming and out going calls.

And for our groceries stuff are more on snacks majority for the little angel, like biscuits, sky flakes, pop corn, crackers, pretzels, tons of cereal boxes, fresh milk, juice, yogart and more.

The FIL likes lutong bahay (home cooked food) with fresh ingredients rather than in cans. So our weekly menu is more on vegetables, like chopsuey, pakbet, ampalaya, calabasa, adobong sitaw etc. And on weekends, we marinade and grill the pork with veggies and soup on the side. I said fresh ingredients because instead of the sachet tamarid--we use the old fashioned sampaloc. And it's also cheaper to buy in the market rather than in the grocery store.

Now it's your turn! I'm tagging Winnie, Michellie, Kristine, Malen, Ruthie, Amy.

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 5:06 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Uy Lizzz, ok yung rate nyo sa yaya ah. :) I've done this similar tag in my nicemorning blog.

Laki rin talaga ng expenses.

Btw, i'm inviting you to share your thoughts about this topic > http://www.mommastuff.com/?p=223

N!cE
http://www.nicemorning.net
http://www.mommastuff.com

Posted by Blogger M0rN1nG & N!cE @ 7:46 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +