Thursday, October 9, 2008

Davao - day 1

Okay here's our little family trip to Davao. October 2 - 2AM. We were already at the airport. It's the hubby and the little angel's first time to fly so I was really excited. I kept on taking pictures on every thing I see just to document our trip. That's why some of the photos are blurry because I have my hand carry bag on my left shoulder, little angel on my left hand and the camera alone on my right hand.

~ While waiting in-line at the check-in counter. ~

We got this Mabuhay Lounge accommodation invitation because hubby's uncle is working for PAL for many years. I've flown a couple of times but this was my first time to be in the lounge accommodation.

~ Mabuhay lounge accommodation invitation. ~

We took the elevator from the pre-departure area to get to the lounge floor and here's what it looks like inside. After giving the invitation, we were free to do anything from there. Free food--bread (empanada, tarts, cookies, toasts) , sandwiches (mini-burgers, steak, chicken, beef), sliced fresh fruits, and free drinks--coffee, tea, soda, juice (apple, orange, pineapple), milk, hot chocolate. They also have very comfy sofas and a lazy boy seat. And don't forget the wifi connection of course. Oh men, we were in heaven. Thanks uncle! hehehe

~ Mabuhay lounge accommodation: buffet table ~

We went back to the pre-departure area at 4AM because our flight was 4:30AM. And before I knew it, we were getting ready to take-off.

~Look at my eye bags. I haven't slept a wink that night. ~

I kept explaining to the little angel what's happening, what are we doing there and where we're going. She just nodes every time. When we were in the peak of the take off, where you will feel the torque of the plane, the little angel gave me a weird smile which was very funny LOL. And the rest of the flight was a breeze and she fell asleep.

~ Morning nap @ 5AM going to Davao. ~

We arrived safely in Davao at 6:30AM. A family friend picked us up and we went straight to their home in Agdao.

~ On our way to Agdao. Hello Davao! ~

We will be staying at a friend's house kaya ang laking tipid! hehehe. Transportation is also not a problem because they have a starex van that we can use.

~ First class accommodation? yes it is. ~

We just dropped our bags and off we go to eat breakfast and went to Philippine Eagle in Malagos.

~ At the entrance... ~

The place was like a big zoo. Everything's green and the air is fresh. Of course we saw real, live and big Philippines eagles.

~ This is one is at the entrance. We also saw Pag-asa somewhere in a house-like cage. ~

We went straight home at 2pm and slept a few hours. And course, we have to check the local mall so there we went to SM Davao.

~ When I got inside the mall, I thought I was back in Manila. ~

I bought a few things that we need at Watson's. The little angel rode carousel and of course had ice cream.
~ Chocolate and strawberry. Yummy. ~

The little angel fell asleep in the car. We tucked her in the bed and me and the hubby got out of the house to check the neighborhood. Since it's was the barangay's fiesta, we watched this dance contest event in the basketball court area.

~ Look at those moves... impressive. ~

We decided to hit the sack at 12:30am because we'll be going to the beach the next day. See photos *here*

Next: Davao - day 2.

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 1:26 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Looks like she's enjoying herself.

Posted by Blogger Gretchen @ 3:09 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +