Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our Christmas party

Me and the superfriends went out last Wednesday for our Christmas party. Besides the usual movie and dinner time, this is actually something special because we had gift giving activity. That's why we called it our mini Christmas party. When I told the hubby about it, he just shook his head with a smile on his face. Come on! I'm feeling Christmas is in the air now because of this. And besides, I did not enjoy our company's Christmas party because it was so hard to get to SMX (Saturday) and the food was not good. Anyway....

So we met up at TriNoMa at 3:50PM and watched The Day the World stood Still. For us, the movie was average. It's not the movie wherein you want to see it again LOL. Then we went to Bigoli near the Cinema area. I liked it there because the food was good, and we get to stay longer.

We ordered the group meal which includes one big cheese overload pizza, one big plate spag and carbonara with one pitcher of iced tea and unlimited complimentary garlic bread.

So it's gift giving time.... First we brought a 100-peso worth gift each and picked out our names written in folded papers.

~ Exchange gifts. ~

Mine was with the personalized wrapper because I did not had time to buy gift wrappers so I used scratch papers and wrote wiggly lines on it. Exchanging gifts was the funniest because we held our gifts and counted 1 to 3 and gave the gifts to our 'baby'. Everything was caught on video. My gift goes to Malen and hers to mine. Aimz gift to Ruthie and vice verse.

~ I got this mini-picture frame and a note handler from Malen ~

Then came the best part--gift giving. I volunteered to go first because I was anxious to see their reactions on what I prepared for them. They immediately noticed the personalized touched I made on the wrapper. Again, it's because I had no gift wrappers and besides I was not proud of the writings because I'm not an artist by hand.

~ Malen - I had no choice but to write her blog domain on the present. ~

~ Aimz - I was inspired to write her whole name on it because I think it was cute. ~

~ Ruthie - I was feeling artistic about this one but my hand-writing was not good. ~

I asked them to unwrap the paper first and open the box all at the same time. You know, the best part of giving gifts is seeing their reactions. Good thing I was able to capture this kodak moment! Check our their faces.

~ Malen-super shocked! Aimz-teary-eyed, Ruthie-happy! ~


~ I got each a bracelet tied in a papemelroti notebook with their names on it. ~

It felt good to finally breathe and know that they liked it. Whew. Now Ruthie gave us each a pendant. I got a silver G clef pendant. Cool!


~ Silver G clef pendant from Ruthie. ~

Aimz on the other hand gave us all each personalized sweat towels. I love the color, I love the pattern and I really liked it because it has my name on it. I knew this would be handy because of the new toy came in yesterday. But I'll blog about that next week.

~ It's pink. I like it. ~

We are expecting another gift from Malen too (promise daw hehehe) one of these days. We finally packed our things after 2 hours in Bigoli. My tummy hurts and my jaw ached because of laughing so hard. Then we went to Photoline and had our group picture taken. I know we had our digicams with us but this is something else. It's like remembering old school photography inside the studio. We fixed ourselves, posed and laughed some more. I really wanted to stay for coffee but I had to go because I had an interview scheduled.

A pendant and a personalized towel is more than enough to make my day. But what really made my day and made me feel Christmas is here is the company of my friends, who continuously reminding me that life is good.

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 11:56 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I love our christmas panty...hehehe i mean christmas party...

we should do this every year!!!

I think the Bigoli staff enjoyed our little party as well...

Posted by Blogger ruthie @ 1:55 PM #
 

thanks for the wonderful frirendship mwaaaaaaaaaahhh
happy new year lizz

Posted by Blogger Lena @ 10:46 PM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +