Thursday, February 12, 2009

Palawan Day 2

I woke up really early on our second day because I had to take a bath and pack the things we need for the day. This is mandatory especially if you have a kid in tow. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning, got dressed and fixed our bag. We requested to have our breakfast at 5am so when I got out of our room, breakfast was already ready. I woke up the hubby and asked him to get ready and woke up the little angel last.

Our driver arrived shortly and had breakfast with us. We took off at exactly 6AM and begun the 2-hour drive to Daluyon. I think that's the name of the town we were suppose to go. Anyway, along the road, we had to stop by and register our names.

~ It was hard to get a decent shot of the permit because it was so wobbly inside the van. ~

At last we were at the port. We hurried and gave our permits to the office and paid the entrance fee and the boat fare. We had to wait for our turn to ride the boat.

~ Boats come and go in this area... ~

~ Here's my FIL and MIL, enjoying the great view and the cool breeze with the little angel. ~

We were in the boat at 9:30AM. The boat ride lasted 15 minutes. It was very wavy because of the winds but I had to admit, every mountain there is green, full of trees.

~ It's obvious that the people there took really good care of their surroundings. ~

I was out of breath when I saw our destination. Wow. I tried to capture as much as I can but I really recommended you go there and see it for yourself.

~ The boat ride ends here... ~

I noticed a welcome banner for the tourist to follow and the wood path lead us to the underground river. The place does not have any fence so we saw couple of monkeys nearby.

~ Underground river. ~

At the end of the wood path was a very calm and solemn corner at the foot of the mountain. And there it is... the cave where the river goes.

~ The water is calm here. ~

While we wait for our turn, we when for a walk to check the place. We saw where the beach connects to this cave. It was beautiful.

~ Longest underground river in the world! ~

It was exciting to know that I was finally getting inside the cave. It was pitch black inside with only one halogen light in front. The hubby and the little angel were the ones in front of the boat and navigated the halogen flash light.

~ Here we go... ~

Here are some shots I took inside the cave. I know I did not capture it well but that's the best I can do. I even ran out of battery because I was using the flash all the time.

~ This looks like a corn. ~

~ This one is from the ceiling where the bats lure. ~

The boat ride inside the cave lasted 45 minutes and we had to turn around at one point because that's the end of the tour. The boatman said, we could continue ahead and will actually get to the other side but it'll take 3 hours to get there and will require another permit.

~ Then I saw the light at the end of the tunnel... ~

It was amazing inside the cave, kinda spooky but nice. The boatman explained how the cave was discovered and what happened all those years. The boatman really knows their history.

~ Tourist waiting for their turn. ~

It was 11:30AM when got to the beach shore with the great view. It was time to go back. The 15-minute boat ride back to the port was breath-taking, believe me.

~ Our boat ride back to the port. ~

~ I love this big rock right there in the middle of the ocean. ~

We ate fresh food at the port and took a bath at the beach there. Unfortunately, no pictures there because I ran out of battery. The water was up to my knees but when the wave splash, it was up to my face. The little angel enjoyed the water and waves. It was shady that afternoon that's why we don't have sun burn. I laughed so hard when I heard the little angel shouted, "Mommy, this is awesome!!!" after each wave. More pictures *here*

Continuation: Palawan Day 3

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 2:50 AM

Read or Post a Comment

ganda naman palawan.

by the way can i ask a favor. please update my "all about life" blog to my new domain. it is http://www.allaboutevamee.com

and pwede pa add my other 2 blogs?

yellownpink
starbuckscitymug

Posted by Blogger eva @ 5:56 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +