Thursday, June 26, 2008

Global Picnic

Every year, our company treats all their employees to a summer outing, usually in Subic. Before I was with the company, Global Picnic was held in Fontana. But they rejected us three years ago (I think) because the head count is huge that they cannot accommodate us anymore.

We left office at 9AM boarding the tourist bus bound to Subic. It was raining a little that time. We had our brunch at Pier One and headed straight to the Hotel (Legenda Suites). Some of us were sleepy because we just out of our shift. Since I was there to party and enjoy, I got a quick shower, dressed up and went to the event area.

~ Legenda Suites ~

The main event area was between the Pier One and the LightHouse hotel, so we had the whole shore side for ourselves. The Organizers did a great job because the area was spacious, lots of chairs and tables, and a great view. We experienced a quick shower in the late afternoon and consistent mild showers in the evening. But that did not stop us from partying.

~ Sea side event ~

~ Inflatables near the Lighthouse hotel ~

~ The stage ~

We had dinner at 7:30PM. Good thing, there's less people in the buffet table, because I asked the waitress to double the servings, which she did. Takaw!

~ Me and my scrumptious dinner ~

It was already raining a little that time so we watched that band on our dinner table, which is not that far from the stage area. We only got to watch Indio I and did not saw Brownbeat all star perform because we went back to the hotel.

~ Indio I ~

Me and my friend signed up for the fortune teller booth, and I was pretty much satisfied on what the fortune teller told me. I'm just keeping my hopes up for now.

Then of course, what's a party without the booze right? These girls gave us 2 cans of margarita, which of course six for me because I asked my other friends to get their share so they can get it to me hahaha. More pictures *here*

~ Margarita ladies ~

Then went back the to hotel room because there's another party going on. Me and my friends enjoyed the night full of booze and chit-chats. I remembered I was walking back to my hotel room at 2AM without a single drop of rain at that time. But I received a text message from my mom that it was already raining hard in QC.

We woke up at 7AM, took a bath and prepared for breakfast. Everybody was talking about the hard rain in QC the night before, but it was only raining light from where we were. We experienced heavy rains in North Expressway. I was literally hearing the whistle of the wind from the inside of the bus. It's scary.

~ On the way home... ~

~ Too bad I still have my beer stub ~

I arrived at SM North at 12noon but got home around 4PM. I had a hard time getting transpo to Bulacan because the area was flooded. Thanks to the Toyota adventure driver because he drove through the knee-high flood so we can get home. But the drop off is in SM Marilao which is isolated with flood as well. God never fails to help me, because I saw our long time friend, who I haven't seen for more than 3 years. He was there responding to a rescue mission in front of SM Marilao. Yeah, also to my rescue because he was kind enough to drop me home.

When arrived, the little angel hugged me and said, "I missed you mommy... "

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 4:30 PM

Read or Post a Comment

celebrate life!

thanks for hopping around.;)

Posted by Blogger ev @ 10:04 AM #
 

Looks like you have great fun over there!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:18 PM #
 

aww, subic! my hometown, tambayan ko yang place na yan but I've never went to that Vista Marina place, under construction pa lang yan noon eh, I'm excited to see that place again when I come visit. thank you for dropping by! nice meeting you. =D

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:38 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +