Thursday, December 6, 2007

Troubleshooting...

My computer at home is not working. Based on my observation, the CPU is okay because it doesn't make any beep sound when I turn it on. By the looks of it, it's not passing data to the monitor because I can only see the self-test display. So it cuts down to the video card. I already did the Eletro discharge but nothing happened. They said that resolves a lot of issues but clearly it's not my issue. I also tried to reseat the video card just to check if there's any loose plate, screw or whatever, but it's still the same *tsk!*
Since I don't have any other computers at home, I asked a close friend at work for help. I took out the video card and brought it here at work so he can try it on his computer at home. I think he's already trying it on his computer as of this writing. If that card is busted, I'll just buy a new one. It will be a big problem for me if that video card is working. So hopefully I'll get this resolve this coming weekend.

Good thing I can still update from here in the office but my pictures are saved on that computer. That means, no picture posting for me in the mean time.

Oh how I wish I could buy a new laptop for my personal use... *day dreaming*

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 4:57 PM

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +