Thursday, February 2, 2006

New Year ~&~ My Wedding Day

~...New Year...~

+ January 1, 2006

Woke up early in the morning so we can go to church. Mom was packing things already. Check-in at the hotel is 1:00pm. Once we got in our room, mom started to fix things and doubled checked everything. Thank God for my mom. She's very reliable when it comes to occasions like this. She also started to curl our hair. My dad and sister went out to get us some food. Grabeh, we were so hungry. After eating, we discussed the time-table for tomorrow. We everything was set, my dad and sisters went home.

+ 10:33PM
Tomorrow is my wedding day. I didn't feel excited or nervous the whole day. Everything is well-prepared with the help of my sisters. They are very supportive, especially my mom. Little details would not be possible if it weren't for her. My ate provided advise as well as financial support. Jacqx helped me with the invitations, souvenirs, misalettes and gown designs. Sarah constructed and assisted with the program flow, time-table charts, check list and tasks. And Misiaoh and Gelai helped with the details and tasks on the day itself. I am very lucky to have a very supportive family.

Tomorrow is gonna be a special day for me. It will change my life. As I sit here in the hotel room, staring at my wedding gown, properly worn by the mannequin... Cant help but think... What will happen tomorrow? I pray to God that everything will turn out fine.

Mixed emotions is starting to come now... I wonder how it feels to walk down the aisle.. Tomorrow I'll know...
~...My Wedding day...~
+ January 2, 2006

I was supposed to wake up at 6:00am, but my body seems to have a mind of its own, because I woke up around 5:00am. Mom started to get up when she saw me went to the bath room. When I got out, I saw her fixing and arranging the accessories on the bed for picture taking later on. We had our breakfast around 6:30am at the hotel's cafe. I took a bath at 7:00am and waited for the hairdresser to arrive. I called me sisters and they were on their way to pick-up the flowers. I asked them to buy take-out breakfast at McDonalds for the hairdresser and for our snacks, in case we get hungry later on (especially me). The hairdresser arrived around 8:00am and started my make-up... then my hair. I was quite satisfied with m y hair because it looks the same with the picture I showed him. My sisters arrived around 9:30am and started fixing their make-up and hair as well. My two sisters left because they were going to drop the souvenirs and other accessories at the reception place. Finally the photographers arrived around 11:00am. We started taking pictures with my gown and all that… then its time---dress up! I was praying that my gown will fit… and it did. We just need a safety pin for the attached ribbon at the back. The shoes was perfect… the color, the strap and the heels (not to high, of course). My bouquet was given to me by my husband’s cousin. It was especially made to cover up my tummy. It was simple but yet elegant... My sister-in-law lends me her tiara she used on her wedding. I was so grateful because it matches my jewelry. And my necklace and earrings was given by my mom. Everything was set. Final picture taking was done at the hotel room and lobby, and then we were off. Right on schedule, 12:30pm.

Ten minutes later, our bridal car was parked outside the church door waiting for the ot
hers to arrive. The clock was ticking… 1:00pm. I can see them already falling in line… then I heard the music--- Canon in D. By pair and one by one, they started to march down the aisle. My parents were the last couple I saw, and then they closed the door. I quickly foxed myself and got out of the car. My tita helped me with my gown, tail and veil… then I heard a voice from the other side of the door—asking if I was ready. I took one final glance at my gown and said yes I was. I heard the wedding march and saw the door starting to open. I took a deep breathe and whispered, “This is it”. I always cry when I see the bride walking down the aisle, and now I am the bride, I was thinking I might cry but I didn’t--- I was happy. I slowly walked the aisle with a big bright smile on the face. Everyone was smiling back at me. I was overwhelmed. This is the walk, I will definitely remember.

When Jp and I got to the altar, I was shaking. He asked my why, and then I said I was nervous. He told me I had to reason to be nervous, and then he held my hand. I felt relaxed. This is what I liked about him... he always makes me feel safe. The ceremony went well. It was peaceful and solemn. Picture taking took place right after the contract signing. It was over---I’m married. And now the fun part…

At the reception, we waited at the lobby because we were going to be introduced together with the rest of the entourage. My sisters did a great job with the program because everybody was entertained. One song number
from Alvin (my sister’s friend) while eating. And two songs from Tony. We received good feedbacks about Tony. I had to admit, he really sings well. Then on with the traditional program—cake cutting, dove release, wine toasting and the prosperity dance. For the bouquet-throwing and garter-catching part (we did the same as my sister’s wedding) wherein they were going to pass around the bouquet and garter around, then when the music stops, whoever gets it—is out. Kind of like the game trip to Jerusalem—but the catch is, the chosen one is on the third round. We also asked questions from the crowd and whoever answers correctly, wins a prize (How well do you know couple game).

Last part of the program was speeches given by our parents and siblings. We also had the chance to thank everyone for coming and for their love and support. More picture taking while others said their goodbyes. I was surprised because some where still seated happily talking and enjoying each other’s company. When everybody finally said goodbye and our stuff were all loaded in the car, I said to myself, “Hay, natapos na rin”. We went straight to bulacan with my parents and sisters. We had dinner and sang videoke with some friends. They went home around 9:30pm. Jp’s friends were still drinking and singing. I decided to hit the sack around 10:30pm. I was so tired, I quickly fell asleep. I woke up when I felt Jp started to climb up the bed. It was 3:30am… the party was over. I closed my eyes again and fell asleep beside my husband.

Planning and preparing for the wedding was difficult and stressful, especially with my condition (Bawal ma-stress). But with the help of my dear family, everything turned out to be one memorable day for us…

Posted by Lizzz @ 2:50 PM

Read or Post a Comment

lovely.

katuwa ito. ang cool ni mommy mo ha...at ang ganda ng pix nyo.

god bless you always.

Posted by Blogger Lena @ 6:36 AM #
 

wow! ang ganda ng picture! ang kulit nyo talaga pamilya!

Posted by Blogger me @ 8:54 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +