Friday, November 25, 2011

Super mom!

I was alarmed when the kiddo's teacher texted me yesterday. We urgently fetched the kiddo from school because she was not feeling well. We went to the doctor that afternoon and had urine tests. We were advised to take paracetamol for the mean time and go back the next day. So early this morning we went for a follow-up check-up. Did some urine and CBC test and was referred to a pediatric nephrologist. So we went to the National Kidney Institute as advised, and for nearly two hours of waiting, we got to see the doctor. And guess what... More tests. Urine culture and dengue test. It was one hell of a day for me. I nearly broke down this afternoon because of the kiddo's situation. She threw up on her sweater, kept complaining about dizziness and headache, plus I carried her around because she refuse to walk due to her fever. This is one of those amazing gifts all mommies posses when it comes to their child. As the kiddo always say... "Never say never!"

Thank God we got home safely. Now I got the whole day tomorrow to monitor the kiddo--meds etc. Then follow-up check-up on Saturday. What bothers me now is that kiddo threw up what she ate today. I hope her condition progresses tommorror or it'll be hospital again for us. Well, I hope not. Anyway, I think I need to research more on dengue, as in thorough research because the doctor says we are prone since we were already diagnosed last September. One of the tests this afternoon caught my attention--Dengue IgM is weakly positive and the other tests--Dengue IgG and Dengue NS1 are both negative. But I guess if NS1 is negative, I shouldn't be alarm right.

My rest day should have been a movie night out with my sisters and tommorrow is swimming time at Ace Water Spa. I guess that's not gonna happen =(

Anyway, I'm still thankful because the kiddo is safe here with me at home. And I'm thankful also for the super powers that I got hahaha. Even though I'm not a super hero, I can tell that I'm a super mom! And I got the kiddo to prove it.

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 12:07 AM

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +