Friday, June 1, 2007

Recipe: CHICKEN AND CHEESE ENCHILADAS

I have a secret passion for cooking and baking but I never had time. I love watching Lifestyle Network especially the cooking shows like Barefoot Contessa, Molto Mario, Wolfgang Puck, 30-minute meal, Rachel Ray show, Everyday Italian, Boy meets Grill (Bobby Flay) and Iron Chef America. My mom used to tell me not to watch 'coz it will make me hungry hahaha! Anyway, I tried baking... unfortunately it didn't went well. I made crinkles but they were hard as a rock --for real.

I received a new letter with recipe from Nestle club last week. I decided to try their Chicken and cheese Enchiladas. I bought the ingredients the other day and just this evening, we were happily eating my master piece. Yes- hubby and my sister liked it.

Try it! It's delicious!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 25 minutes (including boiling chicken)
Servings: 8

Ingredients:
Filing--
1 - can cream of mushroom soup
1 - 378 ml CARNATION Evap
1 - tbsp Cornstarch
1 - 250 g NESTLE SOUR CREAM
3 - pcs boiled chicken breasts, cubed or flaked.
2 - pcs Green bell pepper, diced
8 - corn or plain Tortillas
1 - cup shredded cheddar cheese

Procedure:
- Mix all the ingredients for filling together in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Next, top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of filling and roll the tortillas. Place them in a row onto a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the remaining filling over the stuffed tortillas then sprinkle with shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350F degrees (175C degrees) oven until cheese on top is melted.
- Serve while hot.

GOOD TO REMEMBER:
Serve the enchilada with fresh tomato salsa and shredded lettuce or cabbage to increase you fiber intake.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ Here's my hubby's second piece! Takaw! ~

~ Here's my sister enjoying her meal... ~

~ This is my piece... hmmm.. creamy... ~

*** Sar! Try it! Masarap sya promise... miss you.. ***

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 9:06 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Mmmm... sounds yummy! Interesting naman. I would never think of using mushroom soup with enchiladas. I love mushrooms!

Posted by Blogger Kristine @ 4:33 PM #
 

Naku, looks good! Sayang I have no talent for cooking. But eating...any time!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:16 PM #
 

Looks good. Will probably try that one of these days, :)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:54 AM #
 

Wow Lizzz, this looks good! Try ko sya one of these days. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:42 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +