Friday, June 29, 2007

On words with *Lj*

I have been teaching *Lj* simple words that she can easily remember. I call them "Key words". Some are very very common but it really helped me a lot. Listed are words she uses up to this day…

Mommy – she can say this very clear.

Daddy – this too.

Ta – means Tita.
Lo and La – means Lolo and Lola.
Lie down – she can say this but kinda bulol pa.

Tyan-tyan – means tummy.

Bum-Bum – means butt.

No – she can say this with matching crossed arms.

Mamam – means water or milk.

Papish – her Dog stuffed toy.

Pooh-pooh – means poop.

V – means TV.

Wow! – she appreciates what she sees.

Pa – means isa pa. ( showing her fore finger).

The rest are all extensive baby talks which I could not YET translate. But I am trying my very best to interpret them. She always (baby) talks to me with complete facial expression, as if she wants my opinion, comment or approval. I just say, yes baby or okay.

I gave her a pen and a card board paper the other day, coz I was curious if she's gonna be a righty or a lefty--just like me. I showed her how to scribble and she instantly smiled. I gave her the pen and she took it using her right hand. She tried to write and smiled at me. Then she transferred the pen on her left hand and wrote lines again. Maybe we still can't determine at this early age huh? Excited me. Anyway, I asked her to sit down so she can have a comfortable access on the paper. She sat down, but her smile disappeared. She said, "Pooh-pooh!" And then I checked, yeah there's poop alright.

***********************************

Just an update…


We will be going to a wedding tomorrow (Hubby's cousin). It's a Christian Wedding again. But what I'm excited about is the dress I bought yesterday at People Are People in Gateway. I think the dress is worth the price, and most important part of all is I look thin in it! Haha! Pictures to follow…

Happy Weekend! :B

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 7:16 PM

Read or Post a Comment

how old is your daughter? just curious, mine is 19 months old and like your daughter, she's got some list of fave words too.. she even have a list of fave phrases na.. on being lefty or righty.. we had the same question to our pedia and it seems that at my daughter's age, it's still too soon to see..

Posted by Blogger Analyse @ 9:05 PM #
 

i hope she's lefty

para smarty....

oi i'm right handed, feelin ko lng mas unique at mas talented ang lefty

cheers to u and amy!

Posted by Blogger Lena @ 12:28 PM #
 

It's nice to keep track of your daughter's first few words. I remember keeping a mental note of my son's first words too.

Happy weekend!

Posted by Blogger Heart of Rachel @ 7:39 PM #
 

dear mommy lizzz,

always refreshing to read about updates of your little girl. don't worry, handedness comes much, much later.

on pre-writing skills, at her age, better to have her play with fingerpaints because during this stage, her body is used in most of her play. plus, having her hands/fingers (even her feet!) in direct contact with the paper makes teaching her the different strokes (like standing, sleeping lines, curvy lines) a lot easier. :)

hugs to the little LJ!

love,
teacher tien

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:51 AM #
 

Wow! I'll definitely try that!

Thanks so much teacher!

God Bless...

Posted by Blogger Lizzz @ 9:27 AM #
 

I heard that too .. that lefties are creative people. And I know enough of them to almost agree ... except that I am a righty. hahaha

I will try that too the next time a child comes to the house.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:00 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +