Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Potty training on-going

The little angel had a nasty diaper rash which started last week. After almost 2 years of wearing diapers, this is the only time she got the said rash. And I'm blaming it on the 'other' diaper brand. The little angel used to wear ProKids for new born, then my mom gave me EQ. I would not recommended EQ because of the leak experience we had with it. Then I tried Pampers. It's okay, but it's hard on the budget. My sister recommended Huggies which we used for the longest time.

Lately, I thought of switching to another brand. So I bought 4 pieces of the brand Drypers. We didn't notice anything until the little angel was crying hard because of the nasty rash. There came a time when the little angel doesn't want to take a bath because of it. I felt sad. She would cry and shout whenever I clean her private part and behind. Poor baby. I tried to talk her into understanding that she had a rash. Then she would say... "aashess" for rashes. Good thing, I still have the Curash my mom gave me when the little angel was still 2 months old. And so the rashes started to dry up.

So I started to practice the no-diaper policy during the day. I told the yaya to closely monitor her, like if she wants to go to wee-wee or poop. I always talk to the little angel that she needs to tell us if she wants to go wee-wee. Patience will tested at this part. At first, she would take leak then and there. And sometimes, she would hide behind the door. The other day, she pee-d herself 3 times on her Dora sofa bed. I was beginning to think that it was hopeless. Yesterday, when I was updating my blog, I noticed the little angel squat. Aha! I hurried her to the bathroom and made her sit on her little toilet. Yes, I bought her a little pink toilet from Enfant last week. She cried and then no poop came out. Okay okay... I thought. Next time again.

I went to bed the whole afternoon and woke up around 6PM. I hugged the little angel who was watching TV in the living room. At 6:30pm, I was already inside the washroom to take a bath when I heard the yaya said "Wee-wee! Wait! Let's get your toilet" (yes, she knows a little English) Upon hearing it, I immediately opened the door and moved the small toliet just outside the bathroom door and walla! The little angel pee-d on her little toilet. Success!

I asked the yaya if the little angel used the toilet that afternoon. She said, no. The little angel would go to her and take a leak right there. Maybe it was always too late.

Now she knows how to do it, I hope she'll progress more. Potty training still on-going...

Labels:

Posted by Lizzz @ 1:12 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Hay, I've been wondering myself when we should start potty-training Keyan. Para kasing ang hirap eh. I guess the earlier the better because it seems like it might take awhile.

Good for Lj, she's improving na ;). Sounds like she'll be saying bye-bye to diapers pretty soon. Yehey!

PS Oh, don't you just hate it talaga pag may diaper rash sila? Kawawa naman.

Posted by Blogger Kristine @ 5:32 PM #
 

@Kristine~siguro kundi lang sa diaper rash, hindi ko sya ma pa-potty train ngayon. Buti nalang rin. At least wala na yung rash ngayon. Mas early daw mas maganda eh.

Posted by Blogger Lizzz @ 10:07 PM #
 

patience, patience, patience. and you have to be constant too.. my daughter was 'almost' potty trained when frenchguy and i had to leave her with her grandparents because we were both on travel. different people, different location. when we went back, all the job just pluffed and we're back to zero.

now, at 26 months, she's fully trained at daytime. she goes to her little toilet to pee and to poo without asking for help, except to clean her butty (she cleans herself when it's a pee - with a toilet paper). she could pull down and raise her panties alone. tho we put a diaper for her afternoon siesta, she wakes up with a dry diaper. so now, we're down to 1 diaper per day. what a savings lol.

at night time, we're not really in a hurry. it will come when she's ready i think.

Posted by Blogger Analyse @ 5:03 AM #
 

@ analyse ~ bilib nga ako sayo kase Louna can do it alone. My girl needs supervision but we are getting there. The same rin ako... 1 diaper for the siesta and 1 at night. Tipid grabeh. Thanks to you, dahil sa post nun.

Posted by Blogger Lizzz @ 8:35 AM #
 
<< Home

+ About Me +

* daughter * caring sister * wife * loving mother * caring friend * bassist * x-guitarist * drummer * bathroom singer * trained ramp model * former cheerleader * frustrated swimmer * beach-goer * tennis player * driver * internet surfer * x-readers digest collector * pizza addict * popcorn muncher * movie watcher * pastry chef wanna-be * party-goer * beer drinker * music lover *

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

+ Visit my sites +

    listette1b

+ Current Posts +

+ MUST READ +